I bash my head against another diagnosis
the maze of “I don’t knows”
outweighs “this way out”
I ping the depths for respiration
I drag the bottom, no air to shout
hanging off an IV bottle
add a little more of that if you please
just a little more desperation
drugs can’t keep up with my disease
MDs with their coffee and boredom
“not interesting enough” * you say
what you see stands not before you
patients more anxious today
creative she sings
miracles of beauty surround
no time for boredom
(*A remark made to me by a trauma surgeon after being airlifted from an auto accident)
Today’s prompt at Poet’s United is “Boredom.”
I could rant about healthcare and it’s failings when twenty or thirty years ago we (health care practitioners and researchers) were making inroads.
No need to worry as all of those roads now have “do not enter” or “closed for repair” signs.
As this posts I will be in surgery. I must remain hopeful…
I plead for a painless night
Relief an out of reach dream
serene sandy beach walk
ends in peals I scream
Endless days / more nights
I ponder walking off the pier
free fall into oblivion
but wait a sweet voice I hear
to my tear stained heart
the words that are spoken
placed not in the dark
the deepest night
proceeds the most glorious dawn
“light is on the way”
with that your words were gone
the pain it wont take flight
but I harken for a voice
I will not lose this fight
My Friends Adam and Shakira recommended that I-
Join Hershey’s Better Basket Blog Hop and help to raise $5,000 for the Children’s Miracle Network.
Hershey has partnered with the Children’s Miracle Network for over 20 years. CMN is a non-profit alliance of children’s hospitals dedicated to providing state-of-the-art care, life-saving research and preventative education across North America.
This Easter season, Hershey is celebrating it’s new Easter products sold exclusively at Walmart and their legacy of making a difference and Hershey’s will donate up to a total of $5,000 to the Children’s Miracle Network together with bloggers.
How can we do this together? It’s simple:
- Participate to Hershey’s Better Basket Blog Hop of giving away virtual Easter Baskets by creating a blog post with specific rules described here.
- Hershey Company will donate $10 per each blog post to CMN, up to total of $5,000.
- One blog post per URL counts towards the donation, but you can give as many virtual Easter baskets as you want.
- The Hershey’s Better Basket Blog Hop will officially begin at 12 AM EST on March 18th and end at 12 PM EST on April 4th, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted for.
- The blog post link has to be submitted to us for the donation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text in your blog post:
HERSHEY’S BETTER BASKET BLOG HOP RULES
- Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a virtual Easter Basket to another blogger – you can give as many Virtual Baskets as you want.
- Link back to person who gave you an Easter Basket.
- Let each person you are giving a Virtual Easter Basket know you have given them a Basket.
- Leave your link at BetterBasket.info/BlogHop comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #betterbasket blog hop, and more information about Better Basket with Hershey’s there.
- Hershey’s is donating $10 per each blog participating to the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network (up to total of $5,000 by blog posts written by April 4th, 2010).
- Please note that only one blog post by each blog url will count towards the donation.